Feeble Knees

Monday, November 22, 2004

My favorite evangelist

My mother is driving me batty by insisting I listen to this sermon or that sermon online. I don't know why I'm so averse to it, but I can't warm up to the idea of listening to canned sermons. It might have something to do with the years I spent listening to almost nothing but taped sermons. Regardless, she keeps downloading sermons and giving them to me on CD, as if having them on CD makes it more likely that I'll listen. (Oh why, Why, WHY, did I ever teach her how to do that??)

Yesterday I had to laugh when yet again, she nagged me about listening to some other sermon online. I wrote her back and said if I got around to it I would, but no guarantees. Within minutes her response came back: "download that sermon or I'm going to whack you!"

I wonder if Billy Graham ever considered such an approach? :)

<< Home

TrackBack URL for this post: http://haloscan.com/tb/feebleknees/110114641831674218