Feeble Knees

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Pregnancy Surprises

Since I became pregnant, I've realized just how little I knew about it beforehand. Sure you know about some of the more common stuff that seems universal to most pregnant women, but I discovered that there are a whole host of strange things that can go on within one's body. Some are cool, some, eh, not so much...

I'd read about how heartburn is a common pregnancy complaint, so I was prepared for that. Same thing with the nasal congestion and sneezing. However I was rather unpleasantly surprised last week when a particularly strong sneeze caused me to pee my pants, just a little. Yick! How embarrassing! I thought that particular problem would come much later in the pregnancy. At least I know now how to brace myself when I feel a sneeze coming on.

Hip pain is becoming more of a problem. Having to sleep on one side or the other is getting pretty uncomfortable, even though I've always been a side-sleeper. Yesterday the pain in my right hip was really pretty strong, and caused me to wince and hobble around like an arthritic. It did get better gradually during the course of the day with activity and some light stretching, but boy I was not looking forward to going to bed last night. I packed myself front and back in extra pillows to try to alleviate some of the pressure off my hip. I looked like Fort Feeble - surrounded on all sides by big fluffy cushions. If I could wrap myself in goose down or foam I probably would.

Poor Mr. F. I'm sure he never suspected he'd end up having to share his bed with an entity resembling the Michelin Tire Man! :)
<< Home

TrackBack URL for this post: http://haloscan.com/tb/feebleknees/111470146597523708