Feeble Knees

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

David Brudnoy

I am very saddened to say that David Brudnoy, a longtime local radio talk show host here in the Boston area participated in his final show this evening after announcing he is losing his battle with cancer and is now facing death within a matter of days. I didn't always agree with everything he said or stood for, but this man has always been a gentleman, an intellectual and a class act. He didn't suffer fools gladly, but he would give place to any thoughtfully and respectfully presented argument, no matter how contrary it was to his own views. Listening to him over the years challenged me to study hard to present my own beliefs intelligently and respectfully.

Mr. Brudnoy is a self-professed life-long agnostic and did not try to mask his personal distaste for the "overly religious". But I loved the man in spite of that, and appreciated where he came from, his honesty and his candor.

I have the utmost respect for him as a radio man, and tonight as Mr. Feeble and I listened to the last David Brudnoy show, we tried to hold back the tears and pray for this man who is unsure of where he's going, but accepting of the fact that he is about to die.

Please join me in praying for him. His time on earth is short indeed.

UPDATE: 12/9/04, 9:19 pm - Mr. Brudnoy passed away this evening at 6:10pm, less than twenty four hours after his final farewell aired on WBZ 1030 AM. More information about him is available at wbz1030.com


<< Home

TrackBack URL for this post: http://haloscan.com/tb/feebleknees/110256194181228456