Feeble Knees

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Hang on to Your Towels

The new trailer for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is up and running at Amazon.

So far it looks better than I expected. Judging by the very poor quality of the official movie website, my expectations were very low. But it looks like it might not be completely awful.

First impressions:

  1. It might not totally stink; in fact, it might not stink too much...Hopefully.
  2. What the heck is with Ford's glowing thumb?
  3. Martin Freeman seems like a good casting choice for Arthur Dent.
  4. John Malkovich appears as... who? Humma Kavula? I don't remember that character. Ah, I see - according to IMDB the role was created for the movie by Douglas Adams.
  5. Can't wait to hear Alan Rickman as the voice of Marvin.

As fans of the original book(s), we'll definitely be going to check it out. I just hope they did the Guide justice. I suppose it can't be much campier than the original TV series that appeared on PBS in the 80's. That was so bad, it was good.

Reminds me of a difficult boss I had. He was completely out of his league, a non-techie if there ever was one working at a software company. He knew nothing of the finer points of geek culture and humor.

After a particularly trying day at the office, Mr. F. and I almost conspired to have someone in an alien costume with a clipboard march into my boss' office and say: "John Smith*? JOHN A. SMITH? You're a jerk Smith, a real kneebiter!"

We didn't follow through with our nefarious plan, but I must admit it was awfully tempting. ;-)

*name changed because I'm not a total idiot! :)
<< Home

TrackBack URL for this post: http://haloscan.com/tb/feebleknees/110858077562421381