Feeble Knees

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Not Again...

So my blood glucose levels were marginally high - 139 to be exact.

Whoopie-ding, now I have to go for the three hour test. Bah.

As the nurse was explaining the test procedure to me, I asked politely if I could have a valium with my glucose drink this time. She misunderstood my meaning and thought I was worried about the results.

"Oh I'm not worried about the results," I said. "I'm worried that if I have to drink that stuff again, this time on an empty stomach, then sit around your office for three hours, I'll rip some nice, well-meaning person's face off." (Hey, just being honest here.)

She didn't seem amused. Oh well. Hey, I'm just trying to do these people a favor. After all, they're going to be stuck with me roaming around their office for three hours. Given how cranky and rotten I was yesterday, they may be wanting to shoot me with elephant tranquilizer darts by the end of hour number 1.

At least they won't be able to say I didn't warn them...
<< Home

TrackBack URL for this post: http://haloscan.com/tb/feebleknees/112136378528234810