Feeble Knees

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Word of the Week: Blogstipation

blog•sti•pation (blŏg'stə-pā'shən) n.
  1. Difficult, incomplete, or infrequent evacuation of thoughts from the mind to the blog.
  2. Obstruction; stultification.

OK, I've been suffering from a severe, chronic case of blogstipation lately. It isn't that I don't have anything to write about, it's that I've had TOO MUCH to write about, as in too many different and varied issues weighing on my mind. Too much has been going on, life has been happening all over the place, filling my head with many undigested thoughts and impressions. As a result, when I sit down to blog, absolutely nothing comes out. And if I strain, well, it just gets a bit uncomfortable and self-defeating.

If I were better about jotting down just a little amount here and there when a thought pops into my mind, perhaps I wouldn't find myself in this bound up mental state. I must make it a priority to practice better mental hygeine. What else is writer's block if it isn't a constipation, a stultification of the mind?

I will attempt to squeeze out a little post today. Just a little one. Then maybe a little one tomorrow. Then hopefully things will get back to a more, ahem, regular state. ;)
<< Home

TrackBack URL for this post: http://haloscan.com/tb/feebleknees/112057893353074202