Feeble Knees

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Does Anyone Care?

I'm sorry for this post. But I'm getting a little upset. As shocking as the images and stories are coming out of the gulf coast, the thing that's really getting me is how little the world seems to care.

Is it just me? Am I overreacting? Or is there a complete lack of care or concern coming in from the rest of the world - even from other parts of America. Where are the celebrities pledging to raise awareness? Where are the politicians, pledging to send aid and volunteers? Is it because it really hasn't settled in how bad things are?

I truly believe this is going to be as signifigant an event in the history of this country as 9/11 was. The death toll, including those killed in the storm and those sure to die from disease and pestilence may easily exceed the number of innocent people killed that infamous day. And yet... there is so much silence from the rest of the world!

I don't know what to make of it, and it grieves me to the core.

Maybe I'm just overreacting...please, just let it be me overracting. Please don't let it be that people really... don't care....
<< Home

TrackBack URL for this post: http://haloscan.com/tb/feebleknees/112552943295925344