Feeble Knees

Friday, June 02, 2006

I Hate to Do This

I hate to do this, but I might have to nuke all my old comments so I can ditch Haloscan.

At some point when I was living in some other dimension where babies never sleep and cry without ceasing, Haloscan pulled a dirty switcheroo on me and started inserting advertisments/links inside the comment and trackback windows. No Fair!

When I first noticed it, I was supremely irritated but had no time or strength left to do anything about it. I never would have imagined I'd ever lack the mental capacity to comment out a few lines of code and hit Publish, but there you have it. For a while there I was mentally wasted by a certain infant boy who shall remain nameless.

But now that said infant boy is now sleeping through the night, I find myself with all this time to do stuff again. Whoo-hoo. So I'm on the verge of dumping Haloscan commenting & trackbacks in favor of just using Blogger's improved commenting and "backlink" features. But I hate to nuke all the old comments, so many of them have been so appreciated by me - particularly the ones pertaining to Bug's birth.

I must ponder on this some more before I act. I've got the time now. Maybe I'll go through and copy the old comments to a file for posterity, but then I think to myself, "this is what you're going to do with your newfound free time?!"

Hm. Point.

Maybe I do need a new hobby?
<< Home

TrackBack URL for this post: http://haloscan.com/tb/feebleknees/114929468101620502