Feeble Knees

Monday, December 27, 2004

21,000

Thinking and praying today for the nations of southeast Asia that were devastated by a 9.0 earthquake and tsunamis yesterday. I am relieved to know that my Malaysian sisters, Messy Christian and IreneQ are both ok, as are their families. To any other readers from the affected areas, please drop me a comment and let me know you are ok. Praying for all of you.

How do you begin to comprehend what just happened?

Both Messy and Irene this morning are expressing a fair amount of surprise that such a thing could affect Malaysia, which they report is generally safe from natural disasters such as earthquakes. Since 9/11, Americans know how it feels to have the unthinkable happen in your own back yard. It's incomprehensible.

I'm not even sure what to say about it all, other than I'm dumbstruck and devasated for these countries, for all these poor people who were just out enjoying what appeared to be a beautiful day. Twenty one thousand dead! And that number keeps increasing. Unthinkable.

Dear Lord, have mercy!

<< Home

TrackBack URL for this post: http://haloscan.com/tb/feebleknees/110415477338553014