Feeble Knees

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Oh! Christmas Tree???

For a while there, I thought we were going to end up with a naked tree on Christmas morning.

After sitting in the corner of our living room for a week without a stitch on, we finally started decorating the tree on Sunday. I remember when I was a kid, I was the one dragging the ornaments and lights out of the basement, begging my parents to put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving.

My how times have changed.

Ok, so I did manage to go buy a real tree a week ago. Mr. Feeble brought it in from outside and set it up in the stand last Monday night. And there it sat. The cats had a wonderful time drinking the water out of the tree stand (I'm praying the oldest one doesn't make himself sick before his Vet appointment next Tuesday. I don't need the veterinarian thinking I'm a bad mother.)

This past Sunday Mr. Feeble brought the boxes of ornaments and lights upstairs and we began to string the lights. Then it was break time. Ah. Sitting down felt good. Then it was time for dinner. Then we were tired. Eh, at least we got the lights on! Last night after dinner we put up some garlands and some of the ornaments while watching the Patriots game (what a bummer that turned out to be). We ran out of hooks for some of the new ornaments and had to resort to using paper clips, which works surprisingly well in a pinch.

It's looking pretty good. I've got a few more boxes of ornaments to go. It might get finished tonight. Or tomorrow... There's always Christmas eve!

I am kind of glad that of all the things that my former church forbid, Christmas trees was not one of them. I still struggle with guilt over so many "morally neutral" (to borrow a phrase from Joe Missionary) things that I am glad there is at least one thing that I can still do with a free conscience. Speaking of which, Amy Loves Books has a great post about the Santa issue which kind of goes along with my current line of thinking these days. Though I am still conflicted about that. I guess I'll worry about it more when we actually do have children!

<< Home

TrackBack URL for this post: http://haloscan.com/tb/feebleknees/110364188298647406