Feeble Knees

Monday, January 03, 2005

Anonymous for a Reason

To the person who emailed me this morning asking for my real name: thanks but no thanks.

There are very many reasons why I've chosen to write anonymously. I can't think of a single good reason for me to reveal my name to someone, just because they ask nicely. I appreciate that you'd like to know, and I'm flattered that you would show such interest. But respectfully, the answer is no. Please don't ask me again.

If the world at large knew who I was, I would not be free to write openly about some of the things I'm struggling with. I've read a few blogs where the blogger has all but thrown in the towel after being discovered by certain family or friends. Long before I ever started Feeble Knees, I tried to learn from other's blogging experiences. After weighing several factors, I decided the only why I could embark on this journey would be to do it under a pen name. There is only one person in my immediate family who knows that I'm even blogging, and that is my husband, because he is the one person in my life who is entitled to know what on earth I've been up to. He is one of my most faithful readers and I'm blessed to have his support as I write about some difficult and challenging experiences.

So, please don't take it personally if I do not reveal myself to you. It does not mean I don't like you, or trust you as a person, etc. It just means that I'm trying to keep a promise I made to myself. As I've explained before, my being anonymous doesn't give me the right to make stuff up or slander anyone else. I am accountable to God for all my actions, words and deeds and I don't take that lightly. I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth every time I write, and I won't ever misuse my anonymity.

Eventually I'll put a permanent link somewhere on this site regarding this, because I can see where it could come up again. But for know, please accept my apologies and this explanation.

Go in peace,
Feeble

<< Home

TrackBack URL for this post: http://haloscan.com/tb/feebleknees/110477198763682670