Feeble Knees

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Book Meme

From TulipGirl, it's the book meme. Below are some of the authors currently in our library.

I'm temporarily out of things to say this morning, so I figured I'd add my own list. To keep the trend going (if you're inclined to), copy the list, delete the authors that you don't currently have in your collection and replace them with ones you do. Bold the names of the authors you added.

1. Annie Dillard
2. Jhumpa Lahiri
3. Henry James
4. Anne Lamott
5. Alexander Solzhenitsyn
6. David McCullough
7. John Irving
8. C.S. Lewis
9. Barbara Tuchman
10. William Shakespeare

I tried to pick authors based on the number of their works that we have that I've personally read myself (my husband's list would be a bit different that mine). We own at least two or more of the books by each author that I added. Given that the number of books we own probably far outnumbers anything else in our possession, I had to narrow it down a bit.

While I'm on the topic, here are some books just we got for Christmas:

  • The Secret Life of Bees, Sue Monk Kidd
  • Reading Lolita in Tehran, Agar Nafisi
  • A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23, Philip Keller (to replace the multiple copies I kept loaning out)
  • Mornings on Horseback, David McCullough
  • The Namesake, Jhumpa Lahiri (I'm on the last chapter now)
  • Revolution in the Valley, Andy Hertzfeld

Plus we have a loaner from a family member who thinks we'll really enjoy it:
Paris 1919, Margaret MacMillan

With the snow falling outside and the holidays over, I'm looking forward to getting some serious reading done.
<< Home

TrackBack URL for this post: http://haloscan.com/tb/feebleknees/110502406457665488