Feeble Knees

Thursday, March 09, 2006

I Shouldn't Say This

Someone has woken up only once during the night four nights out of the last seven. I won't say who, in case he catches wind of this and decides to revert to five wakings a night.

Life is getting easier. I'm getting more sleep now than I have in about nine months or more. In the morning I'm started by my clearheadedness, like a blind person receiving sight for the first time.

Is this what it used to be like, to be able to think clearly? To be able to think at all?

Thanks to the cortisone shots and the prescription Ibuprofen, my pain is very much reduced. I'm still walking with a limp and have some jolts of sharp pain here and there when I flex my wrists. But the difference is so great, that I'm amazed at how terrible I felt before, and how long I put up with it.

Reminds me of sitting in a church that's going absolutely off the wall, yet you still show up every Sunday, hoping things will be different. (Isn't that one of the hallmarks of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results?)

Anyway. Things are getting better, I'm happy to report.
<< Home

TrackBack URL for this post: http://haloscan.com/tb/feebleknees/114191746862806067