Feeble Knees

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Say it isn't So

Messy Christian is signing off and closing up shop.

I don't remember exactly how it was I stumbled across Liz's blog. I may have been Googling something church-related and one of her posts showed up at the top of the results. I do remember that the name "Messy Christian" struck me as intriguing, so I had to go check it out.

Imagine my surprise then to find someone, halfway around the world, who'd been experiencing many of the same struggles and trials I'd been going through in an abusive church. It was like opening a vein. I wrote a personal email to Liz (poured my guts out was more like it) and she wrote back a very nice and empathetic reply. I still have it in my inbox, as a matter of fact.

She took the time not only to listen but to encourage me to tell my own story, in my own words. And that's how this blog, Feeble Knees, eventually came to be (in case you didn't know) because a kind soul on the opposite end of the world cared for me and my predicament and took it upon herself to help me down the path a bit.

So I'm really bummed that she's decided to pull the plug. I am definitely going to miss my virtual visits to Malaysia, her candor, frankness, sharp mind and wit. Hopefully this won't be the last we hear from her. It better not be!

Thank you for everything Liz, my fairy blogmother. If we don't ever get to have that hot chocolate in KL or Beantown, at least we'll have time enough to catch up on the Other Side. But until then, please don't be a stranger. And let us know if the spirit ever moves you to start blogging again. You'll get some instant link love from your old buddy Feeble.

Grace and strength and peace to you from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I'll say so long for now, but I will not say goodbye.
<< Home

TrackBack URL for this post: http://haloscan.com/tb/feebleknees/115101546712902104