Feeble Knees

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I Don't Like Mondays

Why is it so hard to post on Monday? I'm noticing a trend: I seem to be unable to come up with anything intelligent to say on Monday morning.

Given how grouchy I was last Monday morning, it's probably a good idea for me to avoid all keyboards on the first workday of the week. I seem to be at my worst - lethargic, dull, unimaginative, uninspired. It's a good day to do mindless stuff like laundry and cleaning, but my higher cognitive functions appear to be severely impaired.

Though I am a natural born procrastinator, I have developed an effective scheme to cloak this trait with business. It works like this: if I don't want to do something, I do something else that I've been putting off that isn't quite as distasteful as the task I'm currently trying to avoid. I did not want to write yesterday, ergo I cleaned the kitchen, which I was putting off all last week by writing prolifically instead. At least something gets done!

<< Home

TrackBack URL for this post: http://haloscan.com/tb/feebleknees/110545419705087660